Spice up your campground menu with these delicious kebabs that feature a beautiful blend of spices to keep your tastebuds happy and coming back for more. You can make the spice blend before leaving to save you time at the campground. Get the full recipe below and start planning your next camping trip with your family in one of the RVs for sale at Kunes RV Freedom.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb baby bell peppers
- 1 pineapple
- 1 red onion
- Metal or bamboo skewers
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 green onions, ends trimmed off
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 c. cilantro
- 1/4 of the red onion
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Chop onion and set aside 1/4 for the spice blend; halve and juice the lime, thinly chop green onions, and cilantro. Core, peel, and cut pineapple into 2″ pieces.
- Combine all the spice blend ingredients in a blender and blend on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Pour marinade over the chicken, coating thoroughly, and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium to medium-high heat depending on how blackened you like your chicken.
- Build kebabs by skewering chicken, whole baby bell peppers, pineapple, and red onion onto your skewers. I recommend making your kebabs with a single type of ingredient because it makes it easy with the different cooking times for the meat and vegetables; however, you can use the traditional method of alternating ingredients if you like. If you are using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to avoid burning.
- Once your kebabs are ready, place them on the grill and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.
Contact us today to learn about the incredible family RVs for sale at Kunes RV Freedom. We’ll help you take home the perfect model for your family.